- All pages on this site are XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. For example, h1 and h2 tags are used to convey document format. h1 tags are used for main titles, h2 tags for subtitles etc.
- All pages on this site use valid markup, validated using the HTML validation service provided by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- All pages on this site are presented using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and have been validated using the CSS validation service provided by the W3C.
- Note: as this site uses a certain amount of CSS3 the CSS validation service will display warnings.
- Primary site navigation is located near the top of each page.
- All pages have rel=home links to aid navigation in text-only browsers.
- A link to the home page is available on each page.
- Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists and styled with CSS.
- Many links have title attributes, which describe the link in greater detail, (unless the text of the link already fully describes the target).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- For users of text only browsers the skip content link is made visible at the top each page.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- This site uses relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- Foreground and background colours have been used that provide a good level of contrast and therefore easy to read. Throughout the site, colour is never used as the only way to convey information.
Share this page