What are our principles of care?
At The Haven we aim to help you lead a life that is both satisfying and fulfilling. We want to help meet your needs in a way that respects your individuality.
Privacy and dignity
We will ensure that we respect your privacy and dignity at all times, especially with regard to:
• giving personal care, including bathing, washing.
• consultation with health and social care professionals,
• consultation with legal and financial advisors,
• maintaining social contacts with relatives and friends,
• entering bedrooms, toilets and bathrooms,
• the way we deal with death and bereavement.
Independence and choice
We will help you to exercise choice and control over your life by:
• Informing you and your relatives and friends how to contact an advocate, should you wish to do so.
• Enabling you to bring personal possessions with you to help to make your room feel as 'homely' as possible.
• Ensuring that you have access to your personal records. .
Ensuring that you are offered choice in relation to:
• Leisure and social activities and cultural interests,
• Food, meals and mealtimes,
• Routines of daily living,
• Personal and social relationships,
• Religious observance.
What services are provided?
• personal care
• all meals and drinks, including special diets catered for
• laundry facilities
• a number of outings throughout the year
• residents are informed of the outcome of the meetings.
• All bedrooms comply with minimal requirements regarding usable floor space as stated in the National Minimum Care Standards
• Friendly environment
• Support with alcohol consumption
• Support with personal hygiene
• Allocated keyworker
• Assistance with budgeting
• Individual care plans
• Emotional support
• Advice/informal counselling
• Dispensing medication
• Assistance with funeral arrangements
Accesses to the following services are available (an additional charge may be made):
• Mental Health Team
• Day centres
• Leisure centre/activities/library
• Spiritual needs
• Re establishing contacts with friends and family
• Social Services
• Independent advocacy services
• Developing interest and hobbies
• Educational facilities
What services do we not presently provide:
• Nursing Care