WLM Seymour Place Residential Interns
Date posted: Monday 18 Jun 2018
- Based Seymour Place, W1
- 36.5hrs per week
- Placement for 1 year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for live-in interns to join our team at WLM Seymour Place, supporting homeless people to move off the streets and back into accommodation.
The placements will start as follows:
- One intern to start August or September 2018
- One intern to start November 2018
Seymour Place is a service of the West London Mission (WLM), which has been serving people affected by homelessness and poverty since 1887. WLM have developed a range of innovative services that support and empower vulnerable people in London.
Seymour Place provides a wide range of services to support people who are homeless or undergoing resettlement, and is a key resource in this area of London, assisting up to 100 homeless people per day. We are very well networked with other agencies, and every month we help between 20 and 30 homeless people to move off the streets and back into accommodation.
Our team, totalling four Residential Interns, obtain valuable skills through specific training and by supporting the Project workers as they run the centre.
This is a very rewarding opportunity to get first-hand experience of supporting homeless people in a busy day centre. It is essential that you have an interest in working with homeless people and demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the challenges our clients face and are sensitive to these. Any relevant experience would be an advantage.
- Please see the learning plan which outlines the key learning from the placement learning plan.
- Please download and complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Essential: Please indicate on the application form when you are able to start the placement.
- The closing date for applications is midnight 18th August 2018. However we ask that interested applicants submit their applications as soon as possible as we will be considering applications on an ongoing basis.
Please see HERE the views of a former intern.
This role will require an Enhanced DBS Check
Posted by: Admin on Monday 18 Jun 2018
Return to previous page
Share this page