Fundraising Intern Vacancy (3 months)
Date posted: Friday 11 Jan 2019
Location: WLM Seymour Place, 134-136 Seymour Place, Marylebone, London, W1H 1NT
WLM Seymour Place
Based in Marylebone, the centre aims to transform the lives of people affected by homelessness, empowering them to lead more fulfilling lives. We provide partnership work, working one to one with people, to help them back in to accommodation and gain or maintain employment. Alongside this we offer a range of services including hot breakfasts, showers, laundry, clothing, an on-site NHS centre (nurses, opticians, podiatrist, dentist), counselling and hobby and skills groups (like art club and running group).
The fundraising team work to secure income for these services and are based in the day centre, making this a unique opportunity to witness the service you are fundraising for every day.
WLM is seeking an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, who would like to learn about fundraising for a small charity, to take on this fun role.
The fundraising intern will support the fundraising team with raising funds through a variety of sources including Trusts, Corporate, Events, Community and Individual Donors.
As an intern you will receive one-to-one support from the fundraising team who will set you tasks and help you manage your workload, provide suitable training and monitor your professional development.
DAYS: 3-4 days a week (Monday-Friday plus occasional evening/weekend hours)
EXPENSES: Travel up to £10 a day and lunch up to £5 a day
DEADLINE: 10th February 2019
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies to a high level and want to use these to the full in their work:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Personal effectiveness
• Creativity and problem-solving
• Organisation and delivery of results
• Ability to administer and organise work
• Good standard of written and spoken communication
The above competencies are more important than previous experience, however the following are desirable:
- Experience of working on small projects or events
- Some experience of liaising effectively with a variety of people/agencies
- Familiarity with using the internet for research purposes
- Familiarity with social media
- Awareness of the causes of homelessness and the needs of vulnerable people
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The fundraising intern will play a key part in the fundraising team and support them with:
- Trust fundraising – assisting with researching and writing applications for grants from Charitable Trusts and managing relationships with those Trusts.
- Events – supporting the Events Fundraiser with planning, promoting and supporting participants in fundraising events, e.g. our annual Sleep Out in October.
- Community fundraising – assisting with the liaison with the local community and building relationships with local schools, churches and organisations.
- Social Media and Online fundraising – assisting the Communications Manager in updating the website news page and Facebook and Twitter accounts and maybe assisting supporters with setting up JustGiving pages.
- Corporate fundraising – assisting the Corporate Development Officer with the liaison with local businesses, developing relationships and generating gifts in kind.
- Individual donors – liaising with existing donors and recruitment of new donors. Maintaining donor records and updating the supporter database.
- Gifts in Kind – Liaising with donors and day centre staff and volunteers to arrange collection and acknowledgement of gifts in kind.
- Representing WLM at meetings and events.
Please see role description and person spec.
Just submit your CV and covering letter and send to email@example.com. Your CV and covering letter should demonstrate how your knowledge and skills match the role description and clearly outline your reasons for applying. Please also state when you are available for the internship.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10th February.
Interviews to be held w/c 18th February 2019.
Role to begin 25th February.
Posted by: Admin on Friday 11 Jan 2019
Return to previous page