The West London Mission (WLM) has been serving people affected by homelessness and poverty since 1887. We are part of the Methodist Church and run a wide range of services which empower people to live more fulfilling lives.
We empower people affected by homelessness, poverty and trauma to make positive changes in their lives.
WLM has an inclusive Christian ethos and are committed to offering our services to all people regardless of their belief. Our values are rooted in this ethos.
We are firmly committed to embodying these values in our work:
- Empowerment: we support and challenge people to take personal responsibility for themselves and lead fulfilling lives.
- Equality and diversity: we affirm the worth of every person and we seek to ensure that all of our services are free of discrimination or prejudice.
- Transparency: while maintaining appropriate confidentiality, we are honest in the way we work and seek to build trust with everyone we work with.
- Excellence: we want all our staff and volunteers to be committed to the best quality of professional practice possible.
- Transformation: as we empower others we are committed to the continual improvement of our services and our own individual practice.